Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Always in our hearts.... we fight for you.

picture from : http://members.tripod.com/the_questress-ivil/wtcjournal/id35.html
Gone but Never Forgotten...

Taking a moment to remember those fallen heroes on that sad day in America and those days that followed. Remembering all those lives lost, both heroes and civilians.

I remember that day. I was at work. When we saw it on the news, no one could grasp the understanding of what was actually happening. No one could understand that we, USA was being attacked. "What do we do?" kept going through my head. Only thing I could do was go get my children, go to my parents and wait. Months later, I joined the military wanting to do my part. Due to being a single mom, and no many outside responsibilities I didn't get to stay in long enough to make a difference. They could not allow a single mom to join with no responsible person to care for 4 children who could possibly become orphaned. So I was honorably discharged.

My father has always been patriotic for a man who came from a country of war that was torn apart.To find freedom and possibility of a good, healthy, prosperous future here in the US, he became a citizen. Growing up, he was always hanging up the US flag around the house, in his semi truck and loving those patriotic shirts they always sell in abundance during the fourth of July. Between the flags and bald eagles, my dad was a true patriotic American from another country. A military man himself, Army Sergeant in the Laos Division of the US Military. He recently received his recognition for his services in Laos in aiding the US.

Today, we continue on with our day, with our schedules, as parents, students, workers, soldiers & American citizens. We continue with our lives and show them that this hurt us, we will never forget but you did not scare us. We will not be scared easily. We will live on prosperously as Americans and we will fight back if you put our freedom, our families and our lives in danger again.

Petty Officer 3rd Class US Navy Veteran- Bay Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment