Monday, September 17, 2012

Birthday Weekend.... Party like I was 25 again!!

Best Birthday EVER ... but I don't think I can do it again...


Ving & I


My wonderful husband threw me a birthday bash with friends and family this past Saturday. I was so happy to see my best friends and family I haven't seen in a while. My house was filled and the liquor was flowing.

The last of our guests left around 4:30 am. I did have a nap earlier but did get up and cook several dishes along with a few friends that brought some dishes.

We also had plenty of people bring beer and bottles of Remy, Hennessy, and Peach Ciroc (Thanks Nida, Linh & Brian, Goff/Navin/Ciroc/Rockstar/Starr - I don't know your alias this week, Thai, everyone else that brought over one). Also thanks to Amanda for my pink moscato that I have yet to drink.







Keanu & Mommy
Kids with the fire p

Sophia, Jason, Maddie & I




Amanda, Lisa, Nuk, & I
Cousin Kenny & I

































We had everything from larb gai (chicken), nam kaow (spicy curry rice with nam), crab rangoon, ka poon (curry chicken noodles), bbq chicken and steak, Laotian sticky rice, fried noodles (thanks to my brother in law), meatballs (thanks to my cousin Berinda), cheese cake (thanks Lisa), yum seafood (thanks again Lisa), and a chocolate caramel cake to die for (thanks to my bff Sophia).

Lisa & kids
Me, Goy & Ving
Lisa & I















Me, Twee, & Linh
Kek & Omar




 










I had fun and the house full of kids did too. I think some of the kids haven't seen each other in so long they hated to leave. My kids also got to spend time with their first cousins they haven't seen in about a year or so, so I was extremely happy for them.


Neil & Omar
Thai





Bobby & Ving
Yogi, Thai, & Thuy























It's been a while since I drank like that but it was so much fun but the next day I was paying for it. Not so much hangover but exhaustion. I have to remember it's not 2002 any more and my body can't party like it used to.

Thanks to Sophal for my gift card to Starbucks that I used this morning. Special thanks to my husband for putting it together, for buying me the North Face jacket I was crying for, for the past month and cancelling dinner on Sunday after realizing I was in a food coma at 5pm. I love you more than I can say!


All in all I had a wonderful party and a lovely day sleeping in. I think I slept away about 70% of my actual birthday (Sunday). Thanks for everyone who made it out. This was one for the memory books!


29 yrs old again for the 5th year in a row!! - Bay Nan

2 comments:

  1. J and I found you a karaoke machine!! It's a stand that plays CDs and iPod/ iPhone plug ins. You can read the lyrics right on the stand w/ 2 microphones. Even I loved it...I'll keep it in mind for Christmas perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one at sam's club? It looked more for kids though.

      Delete