Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Next Big Thing Is Already HERE! and I want one!

At one point in my life, I wanted an IPhone so freaking bad! Everyone had one and I didn't care what version.. I just had to have one! Until I had one.

Now I had TMobile which sucked but didn't suck. The bills were not that cheap but they approved me for 2 lines no deposit unlike AT&T at the time which said they wanted $500 down (well duh if I had that much money to just put down I think my credit would be a little better than it was!). I had every new phone on the Android market including the Galaxy S I and when we switched to Sprint for the unlimited 4g I got the Galaxy S II. This year came the Galaxy S III and I wanted it but figured since my II was still in good shape and working it was not worth forking out the extra cash.

Well before the big switch to Sprint, I had a fairly good Android phone but everyone was talking about how great the IPhone was so I got one off my brother for $100 (8g 3 I think) and of course to use it on TMobile he had it unlocked for me, but when adding it to my plan was told it could only run on the EDGE network. For those of you who don't know what EDGE is, it was the dirt road before today's super highway (4GLTE). So while everyone was on 3G (at the time) I was still creeping on EDGE. UGH #Fail number one. Well because it was unlocked I had all the aps for free so that was great. But unlike my TMobile phone at the time could barely find time to download anything because 1 it was slow, 2 as soon as I was downloading someone would call me. My other phone could use internet and phone at the same time. Go figure you couldn't on the IPhone. I loved the keyboard on the IPhone and I never knew why but typing and texting was so much more fun. I described my  moment with the IPhone as having a Lexus with no wheels. It was nice to look at but couldn't go anywhere.

The thing I hated most about IPhones was how you had to pay more for more memory. Seriously? On Android phones, they all cost about the same, dramatically less than IPhones but however, you could easily add memory but buying an SD card. So I can buy an 8g phone, and add a 16g SD card for a lot cheaper than those spending hundreds on a 16g IPhone, which means cheaper phone with more memory. 

Now that the IPhone 5 has come out, I watch these funny Samsung Galaxy S III commercials laughing because for everything that is NEW on the IPhone 5, we've had for years. The bigger screens, the ability to use net & phone and so on. I spent some of today reading the reviews of avid IPhone users on the new 5 and they are more disappointed than anyone spending days defending how great the IPhone is. Of course there are people that don't like Samsung and love Motorola and other phones as much as I love my Samsung products but IPhone holds themselves so high they need to catch up to the rest of the technology world with the wants and demands of the interface users. They try to monopolize the cell phone world by having the Iphone users only stick with their products after spending so much money on aps and programs, products and such that people need to realize what they paid for, we Android users had for free. Apple computers are also another subject to be discussed since they like to overprice what everyone should have for free, anti virus open source programs and OS. But then again that's another opinionated blog.

Well here are a few Huffington Posts articles to read for fun after watching this short Samsung commercial.



'Steve Jobs Would Never': What Web Users Think The Late Apple Co-Founder Would Hate About iPhone 5, iOS 6

iPhone 5 Problems: Users' Biggest Issues With Apple's New Handset

If Steve Jobs was alive, Steve Jobs would never allow the release of such garbage! lol


I love LENOVO laptops - Bay Nan (see video below)




LENOVO - For Those Who Do! (did you know they start up in 45 secs? lol sweet huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment